According to research, 85% of pregnant women can have a natural birth, while the remaining 15% may require interventions such as a C-section. But, statistically, one in three pregnant women (more than 30%) goes through a C-section.
Women may choose a C-section to avoid pain and anxiety during labor. But a C-section could pose complications in the future, and take extended days of recovery, unlike a normal delivery.
What Is Normal Delivery or Vaginal Delivery?
Normal delivery is a natural way of bringing the baby into this world. It is not difficult to have natural and normal childbirth unless you have some medical conditions. Moreover, the natural birth process helps in having a healthy baby and speedy recovery for the new mom.
Factors that improve the chances of normal delivery:
They may not guarantee a 100% result, though. You may have increased chances of a normal delivery if:
- You have an ideal weight, as being overweight could increase the chances of having a large baby and lower the chances of normal delivery.
- Your physiological conditions, including blood pressure, blood sugar, and hemoglobin, are in control.
- You had a normal vaginal delivery in your previous pregnancies.
How mental health is important to have vaginal birth:
- Stay away from stress:
It is common to feel stressed during pregnancy. It is advisable to avoid stress, anxiety, and random thoughts because negative emotions can affect the process of childbirth.
- Acquire knowledge about birthing:
Knowledge is power. Acquire as much knowledge as possible about labor and the delivery process.
Get all your doubts about pregnancy and childbirth cleared by your doctor.
- Build a strong support system:
Have enough emotional support. Have your partner, mother, and close friends around so that they are there to boost your confidence and allay your fears about normal delivery.
- Choose your doctor wisely:
It is a sad fact that many doctors look for convenience and convince mothers to have a C-section. So, it is important to choose a doctor who will manage your pregnancy appropriately.
How to maintain physical health for normal delivery:
Regular tummy massage can help your body get ready for normal delivery along with the reduction in stretch marks.
Water is vital for your health, more so now that you are pregnant.
· Labor is hard for the body, and you’ll need extra water to stay hydrated. Your body gets a lot of stamina and energy with water, and you will be less likely to need intravenous fluids.
· You can also stock up on some fresh juices or healthy energy drinks to get your daily quota of fluids. This is one of the best tips to have a normal delivery.
3.Try not to put on excess weight:
Yes, it is important to achieve a decent amount of weight during pregnancy, but you don’t need to pile on the pounds. Overweight women can have problems during labor and may end up with a C-section.
- Practice right breathing exercises:
Breathing is something you don’t even notice. But it is the one thing that can make the whole labor process easier, negating the need for a C-section.
Walking is an excellent low-intensity exercise. So, grab a pair of good shoes and start walking. You can walk around the house or in your garden for at least 30 minutes twice a day.
Indulging in mild exercises will not only build your stamina but also keep you active during pregnancy.
Yoga is not just a great way to a healthier body, but also a means to ease out your delivery.
This article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.